Leading with a Growth Mindset is endlessly practical when your career is based on helping people achieve their potential and grow from personal challenges. Within the 211 Network every client interaction becomes another opportunity to develop and enrich this practice.
As a 211 network how do we continue to develop and nurture a growth mindset amongst our teams?
- Acknowledge and embrace challenges
- Allow these challenges or weaknesses to become opportunities for growth. Set goals, use these challenges as a catalyst for self-improvement and as a springboard for stretching our existing abilities.
- Identify your strengths and build upon them
- Tell your story, share your achievements and triumphs with your community leaders. Engage those who identify with your mission and vision. Take advantage of volunteer opportunities that could possibly engage local companies. These engagements could lay the foundation for longtime supporters.
- Find new and innovative methods to overcome barriers and address needs within your community
- The 211 network has had to pivot and be extremely nimble in the current climate. We had to turn almost on a dime with limited resources. Many of our teams were forced to develop new and innovative ways to guarantee the success of our teams in support of our communities.
- Cultivate a sense of purpose
- Reassure your teams that the way in which 211 serves our community through responsiveness is essential. Reaffirm the significance of every call; 211 lends a voice to our community. Through our data, unmet needs are identified and through the sharing of our data funding can be secured to address and eliminate those barriers.