You are not alone. Every day thousands of people across the U.S. and Canada turn to 2-1-1 for information and support—whether financial, domestic, health or disaster-related. 2-1-1 is a free, confidential referral and information service that connects people from all communities and of all ages to a specialist who will help you find local health and human services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2-1-1 is available throughout the U.S. and in many parts of Canada* by phone, text, and web. A toll-free call to 2-1-1 connects you to a community resource specialist in your area who can help you find services and resources that are available to you locally and provide critical services that can improve—and save—lives. You’ll find information about:
- supplemental food and nutrition programs
- shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
- emergency information and disaster relief
- employment and education opportunities
- services for veterans
- health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
- addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- reentry help for ex-offenders
- support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- a safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
2-1-1 is committed to being the first, most essential resource to anyone who needs help.
2017 2-1-1 Impact
In 2017, 2-1-1s across the U.S. answered over 13.4 million calls and almost 1 million texts, web chats, and emails.
Referrals were most often made for housting or utilities assistance; physical or mental health services; assistance finding and obtaining employment; and services to address and prevent homelessness.
As of 2017, 2-1-1 is available to 94% of the U.S. population.
*To access information about 2-1-1 in Canada, please visit www.211.ca